New Project: Current Intelligence
March 11, 2010 § Leave a comment
is a journal of opinion and analysis. Its editors and writers are preoccupied broadly with culture, politics and current affairs; narrowly with conflict,crisis, and the state of the world “out there”; and laterally with the intellectual concerns of those who research, teach, and write about the issues.
We went live on Monday, 8 March, and we will publish daily, Monday-Friday, with a quarterly print journal as well. Current Intelligence comes with its own set of sections:
- The Editor’s Desk: daily must-reads
- The Agenda: informed comment on headline issues
- The Big Smoke: reporting on London’s wealth of current affairs talk (starting in May, 2010)
- The Quiet American: analysis of foreign policy, military intervention, human rights & humanitarian affairs
- Letters From Abroad: dispatches from field researchers, expats and other travelers
We can even be found on Twitter.
So, come on over, grab a coffee and read what we’ve got to say. As for me, I’ll continue to offer my own particular position on issues that require a deeper, historical, long-view of understanding.